Licensed Woodland, Water Meadow and Giant Hat Tipis
- Legal Ceremony License
- 3 Giant Hat Tipis
- Wildflower Meadow
- Ancient Woodland
- Boating Lake
- Up To 150 Guests
- Stunning Countryside Location
- Luxury Glamping
- Honeymoon Suite
- Champagne Shack Bar
- Amplified Music Until 11pm
- Onsite Parking
Tucked away in the heart of the Kentish countryside, within a stunning valley of ancient woodland, meadows, rivers and apple orchards, sits Wilderness Weddings. A very beautiful and completely unique outdoor wedding venue that comes with not one but two licensed ceremony locations. Say I do by the boating lake in the stunning Woodman’s Cabin or under an awe-inspiring canopy in an upturned handmade wooden boat. Soak up the idyllic setting of the pretty lake, the water meadows and the wild flower meadow. Party in the ancient woodland amongst the magnificent Oak trees, wild ferns and foxgloves. If you are searching for a venue that is one of a kind and a place that will remain in your guests’ memories for years to come, then this is most certainly it.
With not one house in sight, Wilderness Weddings offers you the rare opportunity to create the perfect outdoor festival wedding in a completely private and spectacular location. With 3 Giant Hat Tipis, power, toilets, luxury glamping, a champagne shack bar and a shepherd’s hut honeymoon suite already onsite, you pretty much have all the amenities you need to create an epic wedding saving you both time and money. All you have to do is turn up and get ready to have the most amazing day….
Your Ceremony Options
The Woodman’s Cabin
The Woodman’s Cabin overlooks the lake to the south side of the water and takes in the incredible wide Kentish skies which were the inspiration behind the famous landscape paintings of J. M. W. Turner. The Woodsman’s cabin can accommodate 120 people and opens up completely on all sides so you and your guests can really take in the surrounding landscape. Attached to the rear of the cabin is a beautiful canvas tent which provides shelter for all of your guests. This space is absolutely magical and is supported with elegant bamboo poles.
The Boat-Zebo is the second licenced area within the venue and also sits on the lake. This one of a kind structure is a restored Victorian handmade wooden Clinker boat, made locally in Kent. The boat has been upturned to create a unique canopy under which the ceremony takes place. Your guests are sat facing the boat on a peninsula of land which sits on the lake. Wild hops and willow trees envelope the canopy to create a feeling of intimacy, with the long grasses, bull rushes and water meadow plants all around you. This is a paradise for wild birds, dragon flies, butterflies and flora and fauna and offers the perfect natural setting for your ceremony.
Giant Hat Tipis
Glamping is available at the venue and is located in a neighbouring meadow within walking distance from the main venue. Your guests can stay in beautiful luxury Bell Tents with chandeliers, hard-wearing flooring and proper raised wooden beds with crisp cotton bed linen, duck down pillows, fluffy hot water bottles and snug throws, as well as sheep skin and Persian rugs. A breakfast picnic hamper is provided too and hot tea & coffee for the morning.
The venue also offers a honeymoon suite in the form of an original Victorian Shepherds Hut. This is your own private space for the day and has exceptional views over the Lake, field, valley and beyond.
If glamping is not your thing then there are some incredible boutique hotels nearby. The Pig Hotel at Bridge Place and The Salutation Hotel are both lovely and within a 15 minutes drive of the venue.
Venue Hire Ranges Between £6000 – £9000 inclusive of VAT and includes the following:
- Exclusive Use of the Water Meadows, Woodland, Boating Lake and Wild Flower Meadow
- Legal Ceremony in The Woodman’s Cabin or Boat Zebo
- 3 Giant Hat Kata Tipis for up to 120 guests
- Fixtures & fittings for the Tipis including flooring, inside and outside lighting and heating
- Handmade rustic wooden trestle tables and benches to seat 120 people for your reception
- Champagne Shack Bar
- All glassware including wine glasses, champagne flutes, water glasses and beer glasses
- 8-12 waiting staff to host and serve drinks to your guests (excluding catering staff)
- 2 dedicated event managers for on the day coordination
- Planning meetings to ensure your wedding runs smoothly
- Cake and Gift Tables
- Easel for table plan
- Professional LED lighting to illuminate the glade at night.
- Elevated Stage large enough for a 4/5 piece band or a DJ Set Up
- Luxury bathroom facilities
- Generator for power
- Victorian ‘Honeymoon Suite’ Shepherds Hut
- Pre-Wedding Shoot at the gorgeous Stourmouth House grounds with your chosen photographer
- This venue is licensed for legal ceremonies
- Amplified music is allowed until 11pm
- Glamping is available on request
- Pets are welcome
- Fireworks are not allowed
- Preferred supplier list for catering
- All alcohol must be purchased from the venue
- This venue has good disabled access
- A non-refundable deposit is required to confirm your booking